There are a number of resources in our area for both financial assistance, and financial assistance as it relates specifically to housing. For additional resources, dial 2-1-1, or search the 2-1-1 online database at www.metrodc.org. Additional resources can be found online at 2-1-1 MD and 2-1-1 Virginia.
- The Community Partnership The Community Partnership coordinates the District of Columbia’s Continuum of Care on behalf of the District of Columbia. Their service providers include prevention services, street outreach efforts, emergency shelter, transitional housing and permanent supportive housing for individuals and families.
- Directory of Housing Resources for Returning Citizens This housing directory from the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council is a compilation of available housing options for citizens returning to the District of Columbia from incarceration.
- Housing Initiative Partnerships – Removing Blight
An innovative, green nonprofit developer based in Prince George’s County, Maryland dedicated to revitalizing neighborhoods and removing blight.
- Northern Virginia Housing Alliance
Creating successful communities through advocacy and education.
- Housing Virginia
Housing Virginia is a broad based, statewide partnership of public and private organizations and committed individuals.
- The Virginia Housing Coalition
Supporting organizations and individuals working to provide affordable housing options in Virginia.
- The Virginia Coalition to End Homelessness
Dedicated to preventing and ending homelessness in the Commonwealth of Virginia through community collaboration, capacity building, education and advocacy.